Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Shooter

We went and saw the movie Shooter this past weekend. It stars Mark Wahlberg, who, much to my chagrin, is becoming one of my favorite actors. He's been pretty good in a ton of movies, and I personally thought he was great in The Departed. I had been looking forward to Shooter since seeing it in a preview, and then I kinda forgot about it. When we were driving around looking for movies Saturday, I saw it had come out and we decided to see it.

Turns out it was a pretty awesome movie. I'm always a sucker for a conspiracy movie or a police chase movie (Yes, I'm still hung up on Prison Break). Combine the two and add some good acting in; you've got quite a movie.

Anyway, I'm not going to give much of it away. I think the promos make it known that Mark Wahlberg is hired to help plan out an assassination of the president, in order to "stop it from happening." Then, the "company" (who seems to have turned up a lot in movies/tv/entertainment lately... tells you what we think of the government) frames him for the job. The rest of the movie is his attempt to save himself/get out of it. I'd recommend seeing it, and seeing it in a theater with some good speakers... the audio is really great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Prison Break the last two weeks has been nothing short of spectacular!!