Saturday, March 10, 2007

Borat

I'd heard so many good things about Borat that I assumed it couldn't possibly be as funny as I had been told. I still figured it would be pretty funny. So as I do with most movies, I decided to buy it sight unseen. It turned out to be worth it before I ever put the disc in the DVD player. I opened the case and the disc was made to look like a pirated DVD... it's supposed to look like a Memorex CD-R with Borat written on the disc in marker. I'll admit, it fooled me for a second until I read a little closer.

So we watched the movie; it was pretty funny. Clearly some of the "scenes" had to have been scripted, but many of them sure didn't seem to be. The way some of these people responded to him was hilarious. The story of the movie was pretty lame, but I think that's something I expected. I have a hard time believing that none of those people knew who this guy was tho. His TV show was fairly popular before this movie was shot, and Borat was, as far as I know, one of the characters there. Either way, I laughed quite a few times, and I think it was money well spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can I put my brown?

Spazz