Friday, May 4, 2007

Racing Tomorrow

Tomorrow will be the first race I've run since the Chicago Marathon in October of 2004. Granted, it's only a 4 mile race, and it's only in Hutchinson, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. The bad news is, like all races, I have to get up at like 6:30 tomorrow morning, and it is threatening to rain, but that's the way it goes. I'm still looking forward to getting back on that horse. It's been 80+ lately, so it's probably better to do it in the morning anyway.

I will also be using the Nike+ setup to chart my run. You should all buy in so you can participate in all my challenges and general activity. We are also planning on hitting up a JuCo track meet here in town later in the day. I look forward to reliving all my better days in my head while watching the real kids who can still do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get a Kansas tail wind for all 4 miles!

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope that you can beat the Goon's current PR.... 1 mile in just over 30 minutes.

Anonymous said...

How great would it be if we could convince the Goon to get a Nike+? Man!

If only one of us were still in constant contact with him via IM ....