Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Contractor Needed

Currently seeking skilled carpenter with experience in boat making. Large project, requring boat big enough for two of every animal...

A sign of the apocolypse has arrived...Hutchinson is flooding. I know have a lot of respect for a car that (only just two days ago) I was calling a 'little girl car'...my Pontiac Sunfire. Through wind, rain, rain, rain, rain my little car actually got me home. It downpoured today making it close to impossible to get home. I arrived, after only a few detours, just shortly after Scott who I am sure will chronicle his own adventure. I drove through water I should not have, and Mom you had every right to lecture me. I was not getting stuck at work! If it keeps raining, as expected, the next few days should be interesting.

Jared, you and Ryan should consider yourself lucky. You two are among the few guests who will get to see portions of the museum for awhile, at least until the carpet cleaners get in there. Apparently, the area under the Titan rocket (outdoors) flooded and sent water into portions of the Mercury/Gemini gallery. To all you artifiact watchdogs, do not fret, it is just carpet damage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, please send your rain to North Carolina, my grass looks like crap!

Unknown said...

Well the rain did come and come. I killed a full size truck and Katie's car made it. She is the bomb. We even got a visitor due to the rain and thanks for the help with the truck. I am trading it for a jet ski.