Sunday, April 22, 2007

Grease...and not the musical

Ok, yes, I have resisted having grease in my food and taking up space in my fridge. Like Scott I did not grow up in the South. My family is all from the midwest. In addition to being raised in the wonderful heartland, my mother is a cardiac rehab nurse. We just didn't eat much bacon...or red meat for that matter. We ate a lot of chicken and rice, as one would expect when the person doing the cooking watches people die from clogged arteries. On top of that, my family has a history of high cholesteral. Some of you don't know me, but I am 5'6 and 115 pounds. I'm in fairly good shape, though don't work out as much as I should and I have high cholesteral. Am I worried about eating foods cooking in pork fat? Hell ya! I'd like to live. I'm too young for lipitore.

As I am sure Scott will post later, I have conceded and there is pork fat in the fridge as I type. Tonight we are having ribs with green beans (cooked in pork fat) and potatoes (cooked in pork fat). What can I say, baby? You're the one that I want...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO SHE DI'INT. This is a powerful comeback, which will surely warrant an even more powerful comeback from Scott. (Seriously — are you gonna take this?!)

Snap.

Anonymous said...

First, nice Grease the musical reference at the end of this post. Just for that, your side of the argument gets one bonus gold star.

As for the argument itself... my family never cooked with the stuff, and I never have, either. It isn't weird, though... I have certainly heard of people cooking with bacon grease. And, since I do love bacon, I bet it would enhance the flavor of just about anything cooked in it!

But, Katie's argument gets another supporter... that stuff is just so bad for you, I couldn't cook in it! My cholesterol is laughing at me right now for even thinking about cooking something in bacon grease! So, tastiness aside, I won't be cooking in bacon grease anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

I would like to note that Brandon is giving out gold stars for people referencing the musical Grease.

I mean, honestly. Shoo bop shoo bop.

Dork.

Anonymous said...

Dang, I am off of work for a week and thus not touching a computer, and look what happens. We have a 5 alarm family feud, SNAP!