Thursday, July 5, 2007

Independence Day

Hope everyone had a good day off yesterday. We spent the morning sleeping in and then went to Daniel, Kim, and Allie's for some pork chops, cheese potatoes, Wii, and crazy war-zone fireworks action. Apparently fireworks have only been allowed in town for a couple years, so the people out here are still enjoying their newfound freedom. From dusk to about 1am, nearly every backyard in Hutchinson was exploding. There is a big display at the state fairgrounds that there seemed to be a lot of people at, so I'm not sure who was lighting all the other ones, but it was a barrage of sounds like I've never heard in Indiana. We lit our meager $30 supply of fireworks and then headed home and sat out on the front steps for a while watching professional looking fireworks explode all across the sky. Anyway, it was pretty interesting, and people here clearly take their freedom seriously.

I took a minute of video when we got home last nite just to see if i could capture the sound. I haven't had a chance to check it yet, but if it's good, I'll put it up later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 4th of July is the greatest day in the 365 day calendar, by far my favorite day of the year. I'm glad you enjoyed!