Sunday, July 1, 2007

Clue The Musical

Saturday night, Katie finally decided to take advantage of her Christmas present, so we went to the Crown Uptown Theatre in Wichita for Clue The Musical. It was pretty cool. We got there around 6:30 or so and headed for our table in the crowded theater. It probably held 3-400 people. There was a buffet dinner with entrees including pork loin, chicken cordon bleu, and pot roast. They also had some tasty mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and a salad bar, among other things. Afterwards, we had a decent piece of carrot cake and a drink. The entertainment started out with three people in the crowd choosing cards, just like in the board game. The cards were placed in an envelope and then the crowd played along with the story. We even had little forms to check things off as we got more and more clues. After Mr. Boddy was murdered, we had a 20-30 minute intermission. Then the detective came in and figured it out. For those of us who ended up with right answers (me), we got a $5 off coupon for the next show in the fall. Anyway, it was a pretty good time, and I'm sure we'll head back for the next one when they start it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I should really try to make better use of Wichita Entertainment options. Bet the Armadillo was not glad you made the trip though.

Scott said...

Good point... just so everybody else knows. I saw my first armadillo ever that night. And about .2 seconds later, I plowed it with Katie's car. Not good.

Anonymous said...

3 people to 400 people, that a a nice range...I run the mile in between 1 and 15 min.....I am from nine inchs to 18 feet tall....I like the way you estimate