Thursday, January 25, 2007

First Post


So tomorrow is my last day of work in Muncie, Indiana. It's the place I've lived for almost nine years now. I am leaving a job I've been at for almost three years, at the same university i went to school at for six years. Not only that, I'm leaving for Kansas, which is not Indiana. I've never lived outside Indiana.

So a little backstory:
My old job gave me the opportunity to travel all over the country working with education staffs from various museums, national parks and other institutions, including Grand Canyon National Park, Space Center Houston & NASA, many of the Smithsonian museums, and the Baseball Hall of Fame. I met a wonderful girl named Katie at Space Center Houston, and over time, I got to know her better and better. Next thing I know, we are an item, and I'm flying around for work and spending my free time with her in Houston or with her here in Muncie. Despite all that distance, things got more and more serious, and we began to look for ways to get closer together. That search led us to Hutchinson, Kansas, believe it or not.

Monday I will leave for Kansas, and Katie will arrive on February 13th. I really can't wait. From my three or four days in Hutchinson, it seems like a really great place for us to be. We have a little townhouse where we'll be living, and our jobs are about five or six blocks apart. Anyway, I'm going to chronicle this Kansas adventure on here until I get bored with it, so stay tuned if you wanna know how things are going.

No comments: