Saturday, September 1, 2007

Labor Day Weekend, Part 1

Today I managed to go to Art Splash with Katie and the fam down on the river in Sioux City, Iowa. It had lots of paintings, sculptures, pottery, etc for sale, a handful of things for kids to do, a few performers, and a lot of fair-like food. Not a bad time. After it started warming up, we made our move to head for home, stopping a few times, including Best Buy, where I picked up a brand new Nikon D80 with an 18-135mm zoom lens. So let's just say I took a picture or two the rest of the weekend. I'm sure they will follow. Once we got home, we headed out onto the lake and did some tubing (for about 10 minutes). Katie and I are unexplainably sore, and apparently very old. We got back to land, cooked out some steaks, and had a nice dinner on the waterfront deck at sunset. Pretty good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sore every day, I think I have the hips of a 87 year old man.